Before you binge on that box of chocolates, you must make yourself earn it. I had a powerful junk food craving tonight, so I forced myself to do the following in order to earn those empty calories.
- Walk four miles to Trader Joe’s with an empty backpack
- Buy junk food and wine
- Load up the back pack
- Trudge the pack full of empty but heavy calories four miles home
- Sit down, eat junk food, wash it down with cheap wine
- Think about those eight miles I walked so that I don’t feel so guilty
- Resolve not to eat junk food again for awhile
- Blog about it
Before you pick up those chocolates, ask yourself what you did to earn them. Nothing, right? Okay, go for a walk and come back.
For those of you who have earned a little junk food binge this week, I’ll share this bit of information. Trader Joe’s chocolate truffles are cheap, awesome, and powerfully addictive. I both love and curse the person who introduced me to them (Hi Meeta). As you eat them, feel free to use my name as an expletive.