Release Candidate 2 of WordPress 2.2 is up.
Here is the full diff between RC1 and RC2.
And here’s the lowdown on what went into in RC2.
- The WP importer was reworked to get around a preg_match_all() problem in PHP 5.2.2. #4239
- The show count option for the archives widget now works for dropdowns. 
- TinyMCE is now enabled for Safari Webkit 420 and above. #4241
- A JS fix for Widgets admin. #5436
- Fix blogroll importing from local file. #4243
- Workaround a PHP 5.2.2 bug that was breaking XMLRPC. #4248
- An i18n fix for the akismet widget. #653
- Akismet also got some attribute escaping fixes.
- Eliminated duplicate code in get_posts(). #4251
- Return the proper server protocol when HTTP/1.0 is requested. #3886
- Flush all output buffers during shutdown to avoid problems with PHP 5. Should fix plugins that use output buffers. #3354
39 thoughts on “2.2 Release Candidate 2”
wow! Nice to know about the RC2 release. I just downloaded WP 2.2 RC2 and gonna upgrade my WP 2.2 RC1 test blog.
Nice, but are scheduled posts possible in this release already? That’s quite an essential feature that was said to have issues before.
Is there a way of disabling the built in sidebar widgets? My theme doesn’t like it. My dynamic sidebar no longer works.
I can’t reactivate the old sidebar widgets plugin.
The bit that allows you to upload pictures and place them into the edit window seems to have disappeared.
It it just my installation?
Prolly OT, but how long after 2.2 goes GA will WP-MU get the code folded in. I ask because I have an MU project imminent, and I can hold off if necessary.
And I place my question once more, which remains unanswered each and every time: are we going to have to fight our way through new themes, or will the themes from previous versions work this time?
I asked this on the last post for 2.2, I asked it on the postings for 2.1 and I daresay I’ll be asking it for the 2.3 version when it comes. But the answers ….
I am really looking forward a tag-enabled 2.3 actually …
sigh … Anyway, thanks for the great job of 2.2 🙂
I read on Dougal Campbell’s blog that the page preview would no longer appear at the bottom…substituted for a page preview button (to open a new window) for quicker page loads? I could get used to that.
thanks alot greet job
Thanks. Going to upgrade WP.
I upgraded my blog and all was just fine and then… ohhh no, looks like sidebar widgets plugin don’t works anymore 🙁
If you have widget problems, grab this updated widgets.php. Copy it over your existing wp-includes/widgets.php.
After I updated widgets.php it dissapeared from my plugins section (in site admin) at all :-S
I tried this version and there seems to be an issue with “Restore Original Header” button under the Custom Image Header.
When you click on that button, it throws up an error like “Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at path\wp-admin\admin-header.php:16) in path\wp-includes\functions.php on line 1348”
Please see if you happen to reproduce it.
Sadish, this should fix restore original header.
LadyMoon, make sure you copy over wp-includes/widgets.php and not wp-admin/widgets.php.
Hopefully this will have scheduled posts and something built in that allows you to easily change the order of the categories in the blogroll as they are listed on the page. I can’t seem to get the php to work to do that.