Sam Ruby talks about the much improved AtomPub support coming in WordPress 2.3. I’m glad this all came together in time for 2.3. Sam gives a shout out to those who made it happen. Thanks guys. I love it when all I have to do is apply a patch to gain a nice, marquee feature.
Here’s another update on the latest in WordPress development. The following features and enhancements were recently committed to trunk.
- New Blogger importer
- More Atom Publishing Protocol updates
- Atom 1.0 comment feeds
- Proper Atom enclosures
- Comment feeds everywhere. For example, feed for comments on posts in the WordPress category
- Beginnings of conversion to jQuery
- More XML-RPC API enhancements
- PHPMailer integration for better header encoding and SMTP support
- Upgraded Mail Fetch class from SquirrelMail
- Lots of bug fixes
Trac is hopping. We have more people contributing to core WP development than ever. 2.2 is shaping up very nicely.